The start of the fall 2023 sports season is fast approaching. Please read and share the information below to ensure that all student-athletes who are intending on participating in a fall sport are aware of the following information.
Regardless of the sport of interest, prospective players should arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled practice times and should bring appropriate footwear, weather-appropriate clothing, and water/snacks.
Information for the initial opening practice sessions is available below. The respective coaching staff will share additional scheduling and calendar information during the first few days of practice.
Please note that there will be a MANDATORY Player-Parent/Caregiver Athletic Department Meeting on Tuesday, August 15th, from (6:00 pm to 7:00 pm) in the Lamoille Union Theater. All student-athletes planning to participate in Fall Sports must attend this important informational meeting with the Athletic Director and Fall Sport Coaches.
The Athletic Department paperwork packet is on the LU Athletic Department website.
Please contact Athletic Director Tim Messier at email@example.com or (802-851-1333) with any inquiries that you may have.
BFA Fairfax/Lamoille Football Grades (9-12)
Coach Craig Sleeman –firstname.lastname@example.org (802-922-7646)
- First day of practice - Monday, August 14th (4:30 pm to 7:30 pm)
- Practice times 8/14 through 9/1, Monday through Friday (4:30 pm-7:30 pm)
- Any prospective football players should contact Head Coach Craig Sleeman AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to be sure; you have all the necessary, updated football information.
High School Girls’ Soccer Grades (9-12)
Coach Amy Sparks- email@example.com
- Thursday, August 17th
- Try-out Overview (8:30-9:00) LU Upper Fields
- Practice/Try-Outs (9:00-11:00)
- Friday, August 18th
- Practice Try Outs (Including 12 Minute Run) (9:00am-10:30am)
- Practice (6:00-8:00) LU Upper Fields
- Saturday, August 19th – Practice/Try Outs (Including beep test) (9:00am-11:00am) LU Upper Fields
- Please look for additional information through email with the remaining pre-season training and scrimmages. If you are not currently receiving emails, please email Coach Amy Sparks to be added to the distribution list.
High School Boys’ Soccer Grades (9-12)
Coach Peter Rossi - firstname.lastname@example.org (802-730-3201)
Assistant Coach Kelby Benson – email@example.com (802-343-7325)
Junior Varsity Coach- Wayne Demers- firstname.lastname@example.org (603-991-7747)
- Thursday, August 17th - Orientation/Practice LU Upper Fields (11:15am -1:15pm)
- Friday, August 18th
- Fitness session at PA Track (11:15am-1:15pm)
- Practice LU Upper Fields (5:00pm-7:00 pm)
- Saturday, August 19th – Practice (11:15am-1:15pm)
- Sunday, August 20th - NO PRACTICE – REST DAY
- Additional information will be communicated at the LU Athletic Department Fall Meeting on Tuesday, August 15th. Please remember to download the SportYou application as the season calendar, changes and announcements will be communicated through this system after 8/15/23. Please call or email any coach if you have any questions before 8/15/23.
High School Boys’ and Girls’ Cross-Country Grades (9-12)
Coach Jeff Beal - email@example.com
- First Practice = Thursday, August 17th and Friday, August 18th (8:00 am- 10:00 am)
- Practices on 8/21, 8/22, 8/23, and 8/24 will begin at 3:15 pm.
- Practice on Friday, 8/25, will be at 8:00 am.
- Please meet at the baseball dugout closest to the parking lot.
High School Golf (Boys’ and Girls'; 9-12)
Coach Mike Sibenaller - firstname.lastname@example.org
- First Practice – Friday, August 18th (4:00 pm – 6:00 pm)
- Practices will be held at Ryder Brook Golf Club on 8/21, 8/23, and 8/24 from (4:00 pm – 6:00 pm).
- Please contact Coach Sibenaller with any club, equipment, or other golf-related questions.
High School Bass Fishing – (Boys’ and Girls’ 9-12)
- Due to the many sport-specific and unique characteristics of this relatively new VPA Fall Sport athletic opportunity, Athletic Director Tim Messier will be holding an informational Bass Fishing meeting on Tuesday, August 15 th after the Fall Sports meeting in the theater when attendees break into sport-specific groupings. All aspects of the sport including all guidelines/requirements, the event schedule, and participation information will be shared with interested student-athletes and their parent/guardians.